We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Cancer Research at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV to explore modalities and consequences of therapy induced cancer cell death and the associated impact on immune cell function. This project aims to identify and systematically investigate key pathways and molecules which play an essential role in inducing a type of cell death that leads to a concomitant activation of the immune system and subsequently a potent anti-tumor immune response. The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc Programme (http://postdoc-bi.com/) and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in cancer research and immunology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for a research project, working closely with a team of lab scientists and an experienced mentor, with academic and industry background
- Perform genetic and compound screens and mechanistically dissect the function of identified target
- Plan, conduct and present work across sites and with academic experts in the fields of screening, immune activation and cell death
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 42,913.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD with strong background in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology and Immunology
- Experienced with relevant experimental work, e.g. multiparameter flow cytometry, functional genetics (RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9), molecular biology
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
- Creative thinking and lateral mindset, organized and self-motivated to innovate
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills, as well as data analysis and data management skills
- Relevant scientific track and publication record
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
About Boehringer Ingelheim?s Postdoc Programme
- The initial appointment is for 2 years fixed term contract with potential for a 1-2 year extension
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
- Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI?s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
- You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to compete for a transition grant to facilitate starting up your next lab.
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.