We are seeking, a highly motivated, creative and innovative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Human Cancer Immunology at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV to study how immune cells react to different cell death pathways. The project aims to elucidate the key pathways and cellular subsets in the interplay between dying tumour cells and immune cells. The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc Programme (http://postdoc-bi.com/) and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in cancer research and immunology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for a research project, working closely with a team of lab scientists and an experienced mentor, with academic and industry background
- Establish and perform in vitro human based immune cell assays and co-cultures with cancer cells
- Explore the mechanism of action of oncology drugs targeting immune cells or cancer cells in the context of immunogenic cell death
- Plan, conduct and present work across sites and with academic collaborators
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 42,913.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD in biosciences with training and research experience in the field of immunology, with a special focus on human cancer immunology
- Previous postdoctoral experience is an advantage
- Previous hands-on experience with human immune cell tumour cell so-culture systems or human dendritic cell cultures
- Knowledge in cell death pathways would be an advantage
- Excellent team working, organizational and presentation skills (English as a working language)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific findings through a strong publication and presentation record
About Boehringer Ingelheim?s Post Doc Programme
- The initial appointment is for 2 years fixed term contract with potential for a 1-2 year extension
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
- Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI?s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
- You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to compete for a transition grant to facilitate starting up your next lab.
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.