We are looking for a talented and open-minded student who is interested in doing the research for his/her master?s thesis in Computational Chemistry in the Medicinal Chemistry Department at BI?s Oncology research site in Vienna.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing, validating and deploying novel computational methods that facilitates or support compound design
- Helping to increase the accuracy and robustness of theory-driven drug design by contributing to fundamental scientific challenges
- Applying CADD software tools such as molecular dynamics programs
- Interacting with computational and medicinal chemists to find intuitive ways for bridging theory with the viewpoints of compound desginers
Boehringer Ingelheim offers competitive compensation. This position is remunerated according to qualification in regard to full-time employment with an annual total target of not less than € 19,000.-- gross.
- Master?s degree students in Computational Chemistry or related field (Theoretical or Physical Chemistry, Bio-/Chemoinformatics, Scientific Software Design, Software Development), ideally with substantial background in molecular dynamics
- Excellent programming skills in a commonly used programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, Java, C ) are essential
- A solid understanding of chemistry and the drug discovery process is crucial
- Good knowledge of a molecular modelling software package (e.g. MOE, Maestro) is preferred
- Full command of German and/or English
- Good communication and team-work skills
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.