At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
To further secure our rapid growth we are looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
Research Associate – Molecular Biologist (m/f)
Working as part of the GutOmics research team you will be joining a growing team, utilizing your strong technical knowledge to support farm animal’s nutrition and health. The GutOmics research team develops computational next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based approaches to explore the functional potential of natural feed additives that might contribute to animal’s health. In research projects, you will supervise and conduct feeding trials, and implement innovative NGS strategies to explore effects of nutrition on both the gut microbiome and the animal host gene expression. In addition, you will use the information generated from NGS analysis to develop targeted methodologies applicable in animal production (biomarker-based). You will work closely with scientific experts in microbial ecology and animal nutrition, and will get the opportunities to disseminate your research.
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Support with planning, designing and supervising feeding trials (pigs, chickens, cows)
- Apply appropriate DNA/RNA extractions in the lab on biological samples --> methodology development and/or optimization
- Development of targeted assays such as qPCR for NGS validation and/or field application
- Process and analyze data from NGS with bioinformatics tools, and use of different statistical approaches
- Effectively communicate results through oral presentations and timely, written technical documentation and reports
- Maintaining accurate records/log of analytical requests and data
To leave real 'foodprints' with us you need the following skills:
- Background in computational biology or bioinformatics (MSc)
- Practical knowledge in working with NGS data (metagenomics, transcriptomics), experience with Linux/programming languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, or R/Bioconductor).
- Background and lab experience in molecular biology, especially with qPCR analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our culture: Pioneers, Partners and Performers – this means for you:
- 100% of our trust in advance as well as internal and external education
- Exciting and challenging tasks in Europe and across the globe, top-notch teams and leading-edge technology
- Unique company culture, broad diversity and flat hierarchies
- Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
What else to know?
- Reference Number: 325
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 35.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact:
Ms Sanja POLOJAC
, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net