The Senior Engineer is responsible for the development of technical assessments, Front End Design Packages associated with facility expansions and new facilities. The position holder is responsible for leading all design activities, costs, and schedule, of complex, multi-disciplinary facility engineering projects as well as the development and review of feasibility studies, designs, and cost / schedule estimates.
About the role:
- Provides pre-concept design studies regarding facility engineering (black utility supplies, electrics, HVAC, BAS etc.) in close cooperation with architectural and process engineering.
- Manages internal and external design teams in delivering conceptual and basic design packages for approved projects. Assists with the detail design packages as needed to ensure continuity.
- Ensures and is accountable for all assigned deliverables including schedule milestones, financial performance, and quality of scope according to approved projects.
- Ensures that projects follows the design review phase gate process and internal design standards are applied.
- Partners with design firms to ensure proper support in delivering the project designs.
- Ensures Company Procedures and Good Engineering Practices are appropriately integrated in all design activities and design packages.
- Drives innovation by identifying and incorporating new technical solutions and technologies in the project designs.
- Ensures continued support through all phases of the project, including engineering, construction, commissioning qualification, and ramp-up.
- Assists in development and implementation of engineering management systems and business processes.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate metrics to ensure safe, compliant, efficient, and timely delivery of the assigned project scope
- Support to set overall technical direction to ensure compliance with cGMP, EHS, as well as applicable codes and regulations
- Leads assigned internal resources and engineering design firms as part of the development of Design Reviews
- Your primary location can be any one of our large international sites (Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Singapore, Switzerland, US)
The skills you need:
- At least a Bachelor\s Degree in Engineering combined with at least 10 years of experience in facility engineering and project management.
- Must have experience managing external service providers (A/E firms) during development of Front End Design packages
- Must have experience in capital project management.
- Must have experience in preparing project budgets and timelines.
- Must have experience in defining, executing, and managing pre-concept, concept, basic, and detail designs.
- Strong and broad facility engineering skills
- Ability to design and influence outside of immediate scope of responsibility.
- Proven track record in project management
- Must have strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of professionals, both internal and external
- Must have sufficient English skills an an open mindset to work in a global engineering environment
- Some international travel is necessary
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.065,25 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.