The Lab Coordination, part of the PDTS (Process Development and Technical Services) department, manages all lab activities required to ensure smooth organization of the lab operations. He/she supports the detailed scheduling of Lab Scientists/Technicians and utilization of the lab resources. He/she coordinates, performs scale down model studies (pilot and lab scale) to mimic manufacturing fractionation processes and albumin purification processes and reviews the documentation required for small-scale runs, analytical testing, equipment maintenance and calibration records, or all appropriate forms used in the lab and pilot plan area. He/she actively participates into the development, the qualification, and the maintenance of the scale-down model for the process by mainly tracking process parameters, yields and results as well as tracking manufacturing changes to implement on the scale-down model. He/she is also responsible to prepare study plans/ protocol and reports as well as data compilation and analysis. He/she communicates with appropriate local/global function in the plasma network to support all local/global needs.
About the position:
- Responsible for the performance and results of the assigned fractionation lab studies
- Lead and coordinate execution of experiments
- Coordination of lab internal topics such as equipment / lab maintenance and perform detailed planning
- Help resolve complex problems with business impact by performing lab studies
- Responsible to support risk based assessments and /or recommendations for business critical decisions or documents
- Use best practice/knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products/services/processes
- Proactively monitor and drive innovative and purpose driven improvement within PDTS
- Coach other professionals on lab technique
Skills you need:
- University degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, or similar qualification or at least 5 years working experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Strong working knowledge and expertise in the area of biochemistry, protein purification, and engineering principles
- Experience in the management of small and medium projects
- Good knowledge of statistics (DFSS certification preferred)
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and capability to influence and drive projects without formal authority
- Excellent understanding of all laboratory equipment
- Excellent presentation and writing skills (English and German)
- Ability to work in lab and pilot scale set-ups at and below ambient temperatures
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.065,25 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.