Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Pharmacology we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist (m/f) to serve as a Molecular Pathology Associate/Principal Scientist in the Biomarker and Translational Research Group in Oncology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead an experimental pathology laboratory that performs histopathological and molecular characterization of cancer disease relevant models and human cancer samples
- Design and pre-clinically validate ﬁt-for-purpose IHC and other tissue-based assays with state-of-the-art pathology techniques for discovery and early clinical development
- Support the development of capabilities of the histopathology group, including multiplex assays and quantitative image analysis using digital pathology platforms
- Proﬁle drug candidates to identify predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to support development of cancer cell directed and immunotherapies
- Coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across the global Discovery Research Organization, and academic partners and CROs
- Assumes responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientiﬁc staff
- MD or DVM pathologist, with postdoctoral research/clinical experience in cancer biology
- In depth knowledge of immunohistochemistry procedures including: tissue dissection, routine histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC), in-situ hybridization (ISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues
- Digital pathology experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, troubleshoot, present work and to show team leadership
- Staff restaurant
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Position specific training opportunities
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60.000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Karima Kube.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.