Technical Steward Devices / Device Assembly and Packaging Expert (m/f)
Join us to find new ways to improve and extend people’s lives! As part of the global Novartis Group our sites in Kundl, Schaftenau, Unterach and Vienna are specialized in development, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
• Own the knowledge of specific manufacturing process technologies for devices and combination products, locally, including any pilot scale, scale up or down, and Design of Experiments (DoE)
• Participate in the definition and selection of assembly and packaging equipment
• Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) at the site for the interface with global MS&T network and with technical development organization
• Assure that the necessary benchmark is done internally and externally in order to extend knowledge within organization
• Support in creation of Quality Risk Assessments and SOPs for the process unit Assembly & Packaging
• Provide technical expertise for design activities in Capex projects around technologies and for equipment qualification
• Approve validation reports and provide technical expertise for validation activities
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific Technology Platform or pharmaceutical processes following process product/process transfer or handover from launch to commercial production
• Harmonize and optimize technical processes and benchmark new technologies and equipment
• Support Product Stewards / Process Experts in trouble shooting / root cause investigation
• Provide technical trainings and education programs for Process Experts and production operators
Education: University degree (e.g. Master) in Device engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology or equivalent scientific
Languages: Excellent English required (oral & written), German beneficial
Experience: Broad experience (at least 6 years) in medical devices or combination. Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes under GMP guidelines and related process equipment. Proven track record in leading interdisciplinary teams. Demonstrated active contributions to matrix teams with the necessary strategic thinking. Excellent communication skills and project management skills
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least €48,718.04 gross per year by full time)
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks. Join us and help reimagine medicine.