Device Manager I - Device Technology (m/f)
Area of Responsibility
Device Manager – Device Technology I, Device Development & Commercialization, Schaftenau, Austria
74! The number of medical device projects in Novartis. Without a safe, user friendly, high-quality drug delivery system our patients cannot take their medicine. Device Technology in Schaftenau needs you to realise one of the most diverse and innovative medical device portfolios in the pharma industry. We cover all stages of the life-cycle from concept, through development and industrialisation to manufacturing support.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Specifying requirements of delivery system and device components
• Working with third party suppliers to develop the device components and ensure a robust process is followed (specifications, mechanical design, design for manufacturing, tolerance analysis, risk analysis, testing)
• Working with third party suppliers to establish robust manufacturing processes and map critical to quality design requirements to manufacturing controls
• Generating Design Controls documentation while contributing to a Design History File (DHF) for delivery injection systems
• Authoring and reviewing DHF documents such as Design Input Requirements, Component Specifications, Design Verification Plan and Verification Summary Report
• Defining project and process management requirements standards for process engineering in manufacturing (plastic injection molding, mechanical, mechatronic and electronic assembly, machining)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree or University of Applied Sciences degree (Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology) or similar education
• General understanding of medical devices
• Good understanding of Product Design and Design for Manufacturing
• Languages: English (fluent) / German beneficial
Good understanding of manufacturing processes in the required technologies (injection molding, automated assembly)
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,374.38 per year on a full time basis)
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.