To support our ongoing efforts to discover innovative medicines that can transform the lives of patients with cancer we are encouraging applications for master student positions in cancer drug discovery. Successful candidates will get the chance to drive a research project, gain insights into drug discovery, and contribute to the exploration of novel cancer drug targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving and shaping a research project in a self-organized way
- Establishing and implementing new synthetic routes towards small molecules
- Independently conducting experiments and discussing results with respect to current literature
The internship positions (10 months duration) should start until summer/early fall 2019. We accept applications as of now, and interviews will be arranged on an ad hoc basis (expected at the beginning of March).
Please apply by sending your CV and a letter of motivation and the desired start date.
We offer a limited number of exciting projects in the following area:
Organic Synthetic Chemistry embedded in Medicinal Chemistry within Oncology Drug Discovery
- Experience with organic synthetic chemistry
- Strong background on fundamentals of organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry based upon practical organic chemistry courses at University/in University research groups (internships)
- High motivation and personal commitment with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good computer skills and good knowledge of English and German in speaking and writing
- Position specific training opportunities
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
Boehringer Ingelheim offers competitive compensation. This position is remunerated according to qualification in regard to full-time employment with an annual total target of not less than € 20,867.84 gross.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Karima Kube.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.