Boehringer Ingelheim is looking for a Junior Data Manager for its newly established department “EUCAN Analytics & Insights”. The members of this team will be responsible for developing enhanced reporting and dashboards in the area of marketing and sales and make them available to various user groups ranging from sales representatives in the field to sales management, marketing & country management as well as senior corporate management across EUCAN (Europe, Russia, Israel, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).
The role of the Junior Data Manager is to ensure a high level of data quality and consistency across the countries of EUCAN through sound maintenance of our master data in support of critical business processes. He/she is responsible for the definition and ongoing maintenance of product hierarchies and relationships in our in-house master data management application to deliver well-prepared, high quality data to the Dashboard & Report Authors in his/her team to enable their reporting on business critical processes. Additionally, he/she will be maintaining user permissions and row-level security of our dashboards.
The Junior Data Manager will also be continuously driving improvements of our master data management application by collaborating with the Data Expert/Database Specialist, IT colleagues and application developers. He/she will also be answering user questions related to data quality and accuracy and be taking corrective measures if necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for data quality and data accuracy by auditing data on a regular basis
- Evaluate datasets for consistency, completeness, accuracy and reasonableness and address any issues, questions and problems in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain master data management application and process, as well as supporting the development, enhancement and maintenance of multiple datasets by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams
- Understand, maintain and implement the data governance policies across all countries in the EUCAN region
- Support governing user access to reports and dashboards on our business intelligence platform
- Collaborate with IT functions and application developers in topics relating to data management
- Work closely with your peers in the EUCAN team to understand user requirements for further improving the master data management application and processes and work closely with database and application developers who will be implementing them
- Collaborate with local business partners and key users in the local and corporate organizations and act as second-level support for them in questions related to data issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in the area of data warehousing, business intelligence or business analysis
- Exhibit excellent skills in the fields of data management, data quality and data maintenance
- Knowledge of datasets used in marketing & sales (e.g. CRM data, digital marketing data, external sales panel data, internal ERP/financial data, etc.)
- Have a good understanding of databases and data modelling and ability to write simple queries in SQL
- Knowledge of database technology and architecture (e.g. Oracle, Exasol, Informatica) as well as ETL and data management processes
- Strong appetite to further develop technical skills (e.g. by attending online and offline trainings)
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in oral and written English, any additional languages are an asset
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 38,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Melisa Gibovic-Danner.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.