Duties & Responsibilities
- Independent work in process development projects to implement and optimize oncolytic virus production for (pre‐) clinical development
- Evaluation and optimization of new process technologies for integration into the bioprocess platform
- Execution of processes for cell culture‐based production and purification of enveloped viruses
- Execution of quality and in‐process controls, characterization of process samples with molecular and cell biology tests, and validation of new test methods
- Creation and processing of standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as project and study plans
- Evaluation and documentation of results and data presentation in project teams
- Support the BSL2 laboratory organization
- Master/diploma degree in biotechnology, professional experience in the biopharmaceutical field is an advantage
- Good knowledge in mammalian cell culture and or purification technology as well as analytics
- Excellent self‐organization, independent work in project teams
- Reliability, commitment and communication skills
- Very good English skills (international team)
- Proficient use of MS‐Office
- This position provides the unique opportunity to participate actively in the early development of novel virus‐based cancer therapies at the interface of science and translation. We offer a responsible and versatile occupation with professional perspective in an expanding team that has fun at work.
We offer an attractive salary and fringe benefits package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 35.000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Exlgasse 20a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal.
Please upload your electronic application (in English) in a single PDF file including CV and a complete list of publications, statement of research interests, and at least two reference letters.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.