We are developing robust, high-yield production processes for microbial derived, recombinant biopharmaceuticals including process optimization and scale up to manufacturing. The scientific scope of the position comprises research in the field of bioprocess development. Emphasis will be given on advancement of our online monitoring and modelling strategies.
Are you interested in this new opportunity?
Duties & Responsibilities
- In your role, you act as a scientific expert in Data Science and partner with development teams to solve complex problems that require your technical skills
- You will engage in experimental planning and interpretation of process data using advanced software tools and data storage systems
- As project leader and principal investigator you prepare proposals for new projects, reports on running projects and drive implementation of your findings into routine process development
- Support and inspire downstream development team with regards to statistics including drawing hypothesis and evaluation of data and data-driven strategy
- You will take over the supervision of students and project–related interfaces with other groups such as upstream and analytical development as well as manufacturing
- PhD in quantitative discipline such as Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology with a strong background in statistics or alternatively a degree in Statistics/Data Science/Mathematics with a strong background in biotechnology
- Advanced in Python and R and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of tools such as statistical design of experiments (e.g., Design Expert; Modde; Jmp) and multivariate data analysis
- Knowledge on mechanistic modeling, hybrid modeling and machine learning is beneficial
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in German and English is required
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 45,792.46 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Gerlinde Leiss.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.