Takeda's Manufacturing Science function in Vienna is expanding its team through the addition of its first data scientists. The ongoing developments in the area of automation and data gathering enable us to move beyond advanced analytics and into the area of predictive analytics. To accompany this vital step we are looking for people who not only enjoy grappling with maths, statistics, programming and big data, but also realise that data science is a team sport. If you can find meaning in Takeda’s mission of providing Better Health and Brighter future to its patients you can be sure that at Takeda, your data skills will change lives!
The Data Scientist:
- Gathers and identifies local data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with the local team, IT, Engineering, Quality and global data science
- Represents the data science function in meetings and projects
- Leads local data science projects for different products and communicates results to stakeholders
- Supports and participates in global/functional/local data science community and drives the local implementation of the global data science roadmap
- Is a key person in establishing the local data science capabilities and drives its development
Your Digital & Data Science Skills:
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms (CNN, SVM, LSTM, etc.)
- Respective programming knowledge of either MATLAB/Python/R required, further skills such as C++, SQL etc. are advantageous
- Experience in quality mapping of parameters is a plus
- Prior experience of Biostatistics, stochastic modelling and decision trees is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control Expertise in Bayesian statistics
- Experience in Density estimation
- Solid knowledge in Bayesian Hypothesis Testing,
- Solid knowledge in ANOVA and forecasting techniques (ARIMA, RMA, NARX)
- Expertise in Signal Processing, Control Systems, or Mechatronics
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in science or business; e.g. Master’s/MBA or PhD in Engineering , Mathematics, IT or Physics with a focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy/Economics, Technology and Innovation Management
- Experience in applying and executing Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Machine Learning algorithms in industry or experimental environment
- Respective programming knowledge
- Fluency in English, some German would be an asset
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute data science initiatives, analysis, machine learning
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills and open minded personality
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.270,89 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application!
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.