We are developing robust, high-yield production processes for microbial derived, recombinant biopharmaceuticals including process optimization, scale up to manufacturing and process characterization. The scientific scope of the position encompasses the implementation and further expansion of our high throughput automation platform. Are you interested in this new opportunity?
Duties & Responsibilities
- In your role, you are responsible for the development, optimization and characterization of purification processes for biopharmaceuticals in all business area (NBE, CMB)
- You will engage in experimental planning and subsequent execution, analyses and interpretation of process data using advanced software tools and data storage systems
- As project leader and principal investigator in your field of expertise you prepare reports for running projects, proposals for new projects and drive implementation of your findings into routine process development
- Support and inspire downstream development team with regards to miniaturization and automation including the coordination of activities within your team
- Supervision of students and project–related interfaces with other groups such as upstream and analytical development as well as manufacturing
- PhD degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Pharmacy)
- Hands-on experience in downstream processing of recombinant proteins such as chromatography, refolding, filtration
- Proven expertise in HTPD and TECAN platform including programming
- High flexibility, interest in learning new technologies and to interact in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication as well as established social and presentation skills in German and English are required
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 45,792.46 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Gerlinde Leiss.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.