At the Vienna Biocenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF) an exciting opening is available for a
Lab technician (m/f/d, full-time)
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities (VBCF) GmbH, http://www.vbcf.ac.at/, is part of the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) http://viennabiocenter.org/, the premier location for Life Sciences in Austria and one of the leading multidisciplinary research centers in Europe. Our mission is to provide a state-of-the-art research infrastructure and scientific services to enable our customers at the VBC and beyond to compete at the forefront of science. To this end, we employ an international team of 100 highly-qualified scientist and are funded by the Federal government, the city of Vienna and user fees.
A Lab technicianposition is available in the Protein Technologies Facility (ProTech). The ProTech facility offers services in molecular cloning, protein production in E. coli, insect cells, and HEK293 cells as well as protein purification and protein biophysical characterization.
In your role you will be an essential part of the ProTech team and will be involved in all aspects of cloning, protein production and purification. Specifically, your tasks will involve
· Molecular Cloning (SLIC-RecA, Gibson assembly, GoldenGate assembly)
· Cell culture (insect cells, HEK cells)
· Test scale protein purifications.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with practical experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field
· Excellent understanding of the theoretical and technical principles as well as practical experience in common techniques in molecular biology
· Practical experience in the areas of molecular cloning and cell culture is an advantage
· Self-organized and independent working style within a team
· Good knowledge of MS Office
· Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required, German skills are an asset
· Friendly, collaborative mindset and the ability to interact professionally with our customers
For legal reasons, we are obliged to inform, that the salary package for this position starts at gross 2.000 € /month (28.000 /year) for full-time, with possible overpayment depending on expertise and experience. Additionally, we offer a competitive package of fringe benefits. This position is permanent.
Please send your application, including a letter of interest, a detailed CV, and contact details for at least one reference to Arthur Sedivy by February 29, 2020. Top-ranked candidates will be invited for an interview. For more information, please contact Arthur Sedivy (firstname.lastname@example.org).