The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. This is a new R&D organization developing two innovation engines, e.g. Translational Pharmaceutical Sciences and Precision Medicine. The Analytical Development Department is responsible for driving new and innovative methods supporting programs to improve the process, and product quality of plasma-derived therapies. This includes analytical development at the Vienna site including characterization, method development and compatibility testing for non routine use.
We are looking either for a senior professional or a person with less exoperience, but with excellent academic track record, high motivation and great communication skills who would grow into a senior specialist with time.
Your new opportunity:
- Development, implementation and qualification of new and innovative methods to improve the quality and efficient production of plasma-derived therapies across 3 main areas:
a) Characterization and comparability testing
b) Method development of methods for non-routine and QC use
c) Rapid sample testing
- Maintanance of established methods (characterization of proteins by UV spectrometry, ELISA, nephelometry, chromogenic activity assays, SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting, protein interaction studies,…) and development of alternative methods, when key reagents are no longer available
- Implementation of new techniques and of equipment upgrades
- Writing and issuing of internal test procedures and SOPs
- Independent planning, accurate performing, critical analyzing, diligent documenting, and eloquent presenting of experimental work
- Evaluation and approval of test results, and support in issuing study reports
- Lab organization to ensure quality and to keep lab technology at industry best-in-class standard
- University degree in natural sciences - MSc or even BSc (if coupled with at least 5 years of lab experience)
- Several years of laboratory work in life sciences are a must-have
- Good knowledge of laboratory related quality and safety guidelines
- Experience in the guidance of a laboratory of advantage
- Technically skilled and independent, diligent, and proactive workstyle
- Analytical and critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good communication, organization, and time management skills
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.270,89 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application!
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.