With immediate effect, we are seeking a highly motivated and creative computational biologist to join the group of Christian Haslinger as a PostDoc within the Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences department at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV.
Your research will focus on functional genomics in the context of cancer research. More specifically, you will analyze state-of-the-art CRISPR screens (e.g. drug-anchored screens, dual guide screening designs, single-cell-based CRISPR screens) as part of an interdisciplinary environment. Your objective includes the discovery of genetic interactions in a complex disease background. Independent consultation and incorporation of large publically available data sets will be a vital aspect of your research. The final scope of your work is to deepen our current understanding of cancer genomics and to decipher potential targets for drug treatment. The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc Program and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong interest in cancer research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply and implement state-of-the-art bioinformatics analysis and visualization methods
- Transform multi-dimensional data into actionable biological insights
- Pro-actively design data-driven analyses and propose follow-up strategies for hypothesis testing
- Present your work to colleagues at Boehringer Ingelheim and at international conferences
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- PhD in bioinformatics or the life sciences with strong background in computational biology
- Proficient knowledge of data analysis and visualization methods (R, Phyton)
- Experience with state-of-the-art loss-of-function methods in cell lines is a plus
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
- Creative thinking, organized and self-motivated to innovate
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills
About Boehringer Ingelheim’s Postdoc Programme
At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to compete for a transition grant to facilitate starting up your next lab
- The initial appointment is for 2 years fixed term contract with potential for a 1-2 year extension
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
- Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI’s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
- You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 46,525.22 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
Effects of COVID-19We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.