The Team Member Nonclinical Safety plays a key strategic role to bring new modalities (e.g. Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras - PROTACs) for difficult to drug oncology targets (e.g. KRAS) to patients. The person identifies, defines and drives all mission critical nonclinical safety activities in close collaboration with members of the R&D Accelerator team and respective project teams in a co-localized agile working environment in Vienna and in close interaction with Nonclinical Drug Safety in Biberach, Germany. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Proactively and creatively contributing to establish PROTACs as a new class of medicines
- Performing in a highly interactive and collaborative team environment
- Learning beyond your broader area of scientific expertise
- Exploring new avenues in R&D in order to bring breakthrough medicines to patients faster
- Providing toxicology expertise and defining de-risking strategies for oncology targets and PROTACs
- Close interaction and exchange with Development functions, in particular Nonclinical Drug Safety and Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, located in Biberach/Germany
- PhD degree in veterinary medicine, toxicology, biology or related disciplines; board certification as Toxicologist (e.g. DABT, DGPT) preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in Toxicology and Research & Development in pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to routinely think and operate beyond traditional role(s) and expectations as well as to facilitate new interfaces and routinely demonstrate intrapreneurship
- Skilled in identifying mutually beneficial collaborations that maximize sharing of resources and knowledge across R&D
- Highly motivated personality that encourages positive teamwork in an open, transparent, manner and has a high affinity to enter uncharted territory
- High creativity, proactivity as well as commitment and excellent team spirit
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.