Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Oncology Translational Science focused on biomarker research, we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist to serve as a Pathology Scientific Director in the Department of Oncology Translational Science (OTS) as soon as possible.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide strategic scientific directions to OTS and project teams internationally regarding pathology-based biomarker research
- Lead a pathology group with 7-9 pathologists and histology lab technicians in Vienna, and coordinate the global pathology team across cancer research and cancer immunology discovery research therapeutic areas
- Design and interpret tissue-based experiments with evaluation of biomarkers in human and human-derived model samples via techniques (e.g. IHC, ISH, IF, LCM) and other tissue-based assays with state-of-the-art pathology techniques for discovery and early clinical development
- Network internally and externally with other pathologists, clinicians and scientists on project activities
- Engage in external research collaborations with academic/clinical centres with an emphasis on innovation in assessment of tissue specimens and technology development
- MD or MD and PhD with formal training in anatomic pathology or DVM and PhD with significant biomarker expertise in an academic clinical cancer centre and a strong publication record
- Demonstrated expertise in tissue-based analysis and interpretation, including digital pathology image analysis
- Successful generation and implementation of new translational research approaches
- Working knowledge of DNA/RNA based methodologies for tissue-based analysis is preferred
- Strong international collaboration and project experience with demonstrated ability to maintain and develop your own professional networks, and used to working with a range of different cultures and thinking styles in an international matrix environment. Preferred backgrounds are those with experience from the pharmaceutical industry, alternatively those from academia with significant liaison with pharma
- Demonstrated success in supervising and mentoring scientific/technical teams and individuals
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.