We are currently seeking scientifically excellent principal scientists to join our Cancer Research team in Vienna as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will utilise deep knowledge of cancer biology and an extensive scientific network to lead a laboratory focussed on early drug discovery in cancer biology. Focus will be on target identification, translational biomarker research and on positioning of our advanced drug candidates to ensure delivery of a portfolio that provides maximum benefit to patients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead a molecular and cell biology lab working with disease relevant models of cancer with a strong focus on translational aspects
- Initiate and coordinate collaborations with leading academic institutions worldwide
- Lead or actively contribute to multi-disciplinary drug discovery or strategic teams including drug development, pharmacology, medical and marketing functions
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in high impact journals
- Prepare documentation for interaction with health authorities
- Assume responsibility for the supervision of direct reports including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff
Depending on the position, you will have one of the following duties
I): Identify new cancer drug targets, initiate and advance drug discovery projects in a multi-disciplinary team of scientists
II): Lead the pre-clinical biomarker strategy for cancer cell directed or immune-therapies and contribute to the validation and initial clinical application of biomarkers as a part of early clinical development teams
III): Lead the pharmacology strategy to position selected drug candidates in monotherapy or combination in oncological disease areas or RASopathies, enabling hypotheses for clinical testing
- PhD or equivalent degree in the life sciences
- Scientific focus on the molecular mechanisms of cancer
- At least three years post-doctoral experience, several years of experience in drug development would be an asset
- Evidence of leading successful research programs with a convincing publication record in high impact journals
- Experience in oncogenic signaling pathways, especially the KRAS-MAPK pathway, and/or in cancer immunotherapy is of advantage
- Excellent team spirit, communication and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German of advantage)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.