The Clinical Trial Physician establishes readily available medical support and consultancy for clinical trials within Clinical Operations. Supporting the trial team by provision of state of the art medical expertise with the aim to fully execute medical oversight and support in management of clinical trials during the preparation, conduct, and reporting phase of clinical trials. This role has an impact on the day-to-day medical assessment and decisions for trials.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Act as member of the core trial team in the assigned clinical trials
- Input and contribute to trial risk based quality management by identifying critical data/processes from medical perspective; assessing medical quality risks and their monitoring and mitigation plans prior and during the clinical trial conduct
- Establishing a medical monitoring strategy in the trial medical and quality review process, planning and execution of ongoing medical data review
- Analysing medical questions from investigators and communicating medical observations/findings
- Closely interact with project Team Member Medicine and Pharmacovigilance in medical management of projects and trials
- University degree (Doctor of Medicine MD)
- Trained in clinical setting, and minimum 4 years of active clinical practice required; specialization in internal medicine or general practice is desirable
- Experience in pharma industry or CRO in medical or project management functions is desirable
- Understanding of relevant regulations and guidance including ICH-GCP
- Excellent communication skills, pronounced analytical skills and capability to work in an international environment
- Fluent in English, profound skills in Data Review/Data Analysis
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Matthäus Vogel.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.