Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (GCBDS) is a global organization across multiple sites at Boehringer Ingelheim including Vienna Austria, Biberach Germany and Ridgefield USA. With immediate effect, we are currently hiring a Computational Biology Principal Scientist in Vienna, Austria.
The computational biologist drives in-silico approaches for the discovery of new drug targets, biomarkers and drug combination strategies, primarily in the area of cancer research. Leveraging large proprietary and public multi-omics data sets in combination with functional read-outs (e.g., advanced CRISPR screens, single-cell technologies) enable actionable insights for new therapeutic concept discovery. Team science is one of our core principles, so the successful applicant will work closely together with colleagues from both dry- and wet-labs. Initially, projects will focus on drugging oncogenic KRAS signalling that drives a large fraction of lung, colorectal, and pancreatic tumors. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Actively guide experiment design and data production/acquisition efforts
- Analyzing and combining large-scale human data sets using state-of-the-art methods, ultimately leading to new therapeutic concepts
- Presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders as well as working with top-tier academic institutes and CROs
- Publishing and presenting novel scientific results at international conferences and workshops is encouraged
- PhD or similar degree with post-doctoral experience in a relevant field
- Proven track record (leading authorship) of driving complex computational analysis in Life Sciences
- Strong quantitative and analytical mindset, in particular skills in statistics, machine learning, network/systems biology, predictive modelling
- Proficiency in Data Science and Computational Biology methods, including experience in Linux, programming, data management, version control
- Profound knowledge of life science databases and large public data sets
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.