At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is a DSM company.
Master Thesis/Internship: IT/data science - 6 months, April - Sept. 2021 (m/f/d)
You will work in our Digital Lab Team on using extensive weather data to predict the future occurrence of mycotoxins in crops. As part of a young and ambitious team you contribute to exciting topics at the very forefront. Our enterprise is growing and has room for good ideas, with chances for continued personal and professional development.
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Installation of at least one complex specific package and dependent packages for data analysis
- Demonstration of proper function with demo data
- Comparing this package, its predictions with alternatives from literature and algorithms already present at BIOMIN
- Adaptions using existing data and further validations
To leave real 'foodprints' with us you need the following skills:
- Solid experience in Linux system setup and shell scripting (bash)
- Solid skills in R, one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, …), one (partly) compiled language (e.g. Java, C++, …), PHP and SQL
- Experience with development of web applications
- Interest and knowledge in statistics and data in general
- Fluent in reading and presenting english and german scientific literature
What do we stand for? We are Pioneers, Partners and Performers!
- 100% of trust in you and your skills in advance
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international environment
- Strong support from your own and other teams across our organization
- Unique company culture, on first name terms from trainee to CEO
- Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
What else do you need to know?
- Reference Number: 882
- You will be based in Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, temporary contract for the duration of the internship: April - September 2021
- We offer you an attractive total compensation package of € 1.613,- gross per month
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:
Ms Karin SOMMER
, +43 2272 811660
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net