If you are excited to work in a global environment, to deal with life-saving products and to know that with your work you can improve the life of our patients, then we are looking for you! In this role you are responsible for the supply planning of a portfolio of plasma derived products at the Vienna site. You are the key contact person between site and market for these products and you support the packaging planning team with work order handling.
- Preparation and execution of process development and optimization lab studies for programs and projects within PDT R&D pipeline applying general preparative purification methods such as chromatography, filtration (depth filtration, membrane filtration, …), precipitations, centrifugations and virus clearance steps.
- Maintenance of standard procedures for equipment utilization of certain unit operation (chromatography, filtration, UF/DF, precipitation, centrifugation)
- Implementation of new equipment and equipment upgrades, evaluation & testing of innovative equipment alternatives
- Independent planning, accurate performing, critical analyzing, diligent documenting of experimental work
- Contributions to preparation and support study plans and reports
- Lab organization to ensure quality and to keep lab technology at industry best-in-class standard
- PDT R&D focuses first and foremost on developing therapies that will improve the health care outcomes of patients Takeda aims to serve. Research Scientists within PDT Process Development will be accountable for:
- Explores innovative methods / projects / programs to improve the quality and efficient production of plasma-derived therapies for global and local distribution
- Support evaluating new indications, new fractions, new products (including, potentially combinations), and any other process development within plasma to ensure maximal potential of the product to improve health
- Supporting technology transfer and scale up activities for processes, as well as providing support to manufacturing.
- Testing new / innovative technologies for potential applications in new process setups
- Conduct lab and pilot scale studies at ambient and cooled temperatures in collaboration with team colleagues
- Organization of general lab topics, taking over of equipment responsibilities and coordination of internal & external support
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- HTL degree, bachelor or master degree of chemistry, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemical/process engineering or related fields is required
- Experience in laboratory work within the last 5 years in process development life sciences or plasma fractionation & plasma purification
- Knowledge of laboratory related quality and safety guidelines
- Technically skilled and mostly independent, diligent, and proactive workstyle
- Critical thinking and pragmatic / problem solving skills
- Knowledge of state of the art technologies within the scientific community in life sciences
- Good communication in German and preferably also in English
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Technical and lab related support of PDT team colleagues & interns during lab study execution
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.323,20 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - Industriestrasse 72