Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Medical Lead, Immunology in our Vienna office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Work with the Sr Director, Global Medical Therapeutic Area Head, to develop and execute multi-year global medical strategy for the specified Product/Disease Area, appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional strategies (clinical, regulatory, HEOR, PV, compliance)
- Drives global execution of specific medical projects per global medical strategy
- Serve as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Act as a company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Work with GMTAH on defining and implementing GMA strategy and prelaunch / launch / in-line product plans
- Support execution of the in-year medical tactical plan for the global initiatives
- As delegated by the GMTAH, lead functional (e.g. publications, medical communications, medical training) and relevant R&D teams in developing plans supporting global medical prelaunch strategy
- As delegated by the GMTAH, collaborate with commercial to ensure aligned and medically appropriate commercial strategy, planning and execution.
- Supporting design and execution of clinical studies (phase IV, disease registries, epidemiological studies, outcomes surveys, etc.) in close collaboration with Therapeutic Area Clinical Development head and Global Clinical Operations
- Serving as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Per medical strategy, establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Per medical strategy, establish appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Serve as a key medical resource on the disease area and on specific programs
- Maintain a high level of expertise on the disease area
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Takeda policies related to all medical activities
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- A medical or advanced degree is preferred
- >2-5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine, preferably within a matrix or franchise structure.
- Experience in medical affairs is required
- Experience in (pre)launch activities is required
- Experience working in cross-functional teams at the brand or disease area levels in country, regional or global organizations is preferred
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is preferred
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4751,92 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - DC Tower