About the Role:
Takeda´s Innovation Lab in Vienna is evolving! We are looking for a Laboratory Scientist (f/m/x) who is willing to work in a highly motivated team on innovative technologies and significant improvements for large-scale manufacturing.
The Plasma Innovation Lab of Takeda is the connective link between R&D focusing on new plasma protein products and Manufacturing Science focusing on continuous manufacturing support. It brings new ways of plasma protein manufacturing including new analytical methods to increase efficiency throughout Takeda´s value chain.
How you will contribute:
- Perform laboratory experiments supporting technical evaluations of innovations in agreement with the supervisor including the corresponding analysis
- Apply laboratory techniques like alcohol fractionation, chromatographic purification or fill/finishing of plasmatic proteins
- Provide reliable technical evaluations of new innovative technologies based on e.g. feasibility testing
- Establish study plans and summarize experiments and evaluations in reports written in English including application of statistical methods
- Facilitate the implementation of innovations in manufacturing processes at Takeda
- Manage organizational needs for the Plasma Innovation Lab (like ordering materials, lab equipment maintenance and ownership for analytical devices)
What you bring to Takeda:
- Science degree in biology, biochemistry, pharmacy, chemical, process engineering or laboratory education (e.g. HBLVA Rosensteingasse)
- Strong technical expertise in protein purification methods and related equipment
- Experience in development or manufacturing of plasma derived products is an advantage (e.g. Chromatography, Ultra/-Diafiltration and Precipitation)
- Strong interest in the development of new technological concepts, techniques, and standards
- Knowledge in GMP and Quality Management Systems, safety and regulatory requirements is an advantage
- Strong Team-Player and Hands-On mentality required as mandatory mindset
- Very good technical writing skills in English
- Travel availability up to 10% (national and international)
What Takeda can offer you:
A competitive remuneration package with a minimum salary of € 3.389,68 gross per month (full-time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry) - the actual salary depends on your professional experience and qualifications.
- Family-friendly company environment; Support with parental leave, dad month, Bilingual company kindergarten
- Work @ home depending on the position / department
- Comprehensive training programs
- In-house job rotation program
- In-house Canteen with discounts or meal vouchers
- Works council (events, festivals, shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- Takeda Resource Groups
- Medical checkups
- Free vaccination program
- Fitness Center
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AUT - Wien - Industriestrasse 20