IMBA - Institute of Molecular Biotechnology is one of the leading biomedical research institutes in Europe focusing on cutting-edge functional genomics and stem cell technologies. IMBA is located at the Vienna BioCenter, the vibrant cluster of universities, research institutes and biotech companies in Austria. IMBA is a basic research institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the leading national sponsor of non-university academic research. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a full-time
Research Technician - ISCCF
to join the IMBA Stem Cell Core Facility (ISCCF). The goal of the facility is to provide expert service in cutting-edge stem cell technologies, train researchers, and implement standard workflows to support and facilitate stem cell research. We focus on iPSC derivation, genome editing and quality control of human and mouse stem cells. We are recruiting a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and technically competent scientist with a degree in biological sciences.
• You will be actively involved in human somatic cell isolation and reprogramming into induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)
• Expansion of iPSCs in culture
• Quality control and banking for research use
• Writing and reviewing of SOPs, study protocols and reports
• Working with the laboratory and software development personnel to optimize LIMS functions for the facility
◦ Minimum: B.S. in a field of Biological Sciences
◦ Previous experience in iPSC derivation and pluripotent stem cell culture techniques (min 1 year)
◦ Basic molecular biology techniques
◦ Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
◦ Good organizational skills
◦ Computer skills
◦ Proficiency in verbal and written English and good communication skills
We offer an international work environment (employees come from 40 different countries), and a chance to make an important contribution to basic biomedical research. Note that this position requires participation in weekend/public holiday rota. The annual gross salary will be € 31.024 or higher, - full-time (40 hrs/week), depending on qualification and experience. The employment contract will be limited until 31.12.2020.
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2018, however applications will be considered and reviewed on an on-going basis and therefore the post may be filled before the deadline. Applications should include a copy of CV, cover letter, names and contact details for 3 referees and should only be made online.
Dr. Sofia Aligianni, Dr. Jennifer Volz
IMBA-Institut für Molekulare Biotechnologie GmbH, Dr. Bohr-Gasse 3, 1030 Wien