We are seeking a scientifically excellent group leader (director level) to join our Cancer Research team in Vienna, reporting to the head of Cancer Cell Signalling. The ideal candidate will utilise deep knowledge of cancer biology and an extensive scientific network to lead a talented team mining emerging areas of cancer biology to ensure delivery of programmes into the portfolio that provide maximum benefit to patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Renews and advances a portfolio of lead optimization programs to enable a sustained, first-in-class Cancer Research portfolio
- Ensures competitive positioning of research programs, clusters and development candidates to further grow a leading portfolio
- Establishes and drives innovative external collaborations with academic partners and CROs to enhance portfolio quality and output
- Assumes responsibility for budget and group members (15 ), including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff, students and postdocs
- Drives BI’s scientific profile, utilizing a large internal and external interaction network to ensure publication in high impact journals and presentations at international conferences
- PhD and research experience in the fields of cancer research and tumour biology
- Experience in drug discovery including managerial responsibilities, ideally already leading independent research or industrial group
- Proven scientific excellence with a track record for high impact publications and evidence of accomplishments in drug discovery or translational biology
- Strong leadership skills and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.