In this challenging position you are in charge of sourcing direct and indirect materials, services and capital expenditures for state of the art clinical- and commercial products at our biologics site in Orth. You will be responsible for a spend of > $ 25 million p.a. and have a direct impact on Takeda Orth’s schedule adherence, lead-time fulfilment and time to market capabilities.
- Lead and support all local sourcing relevant activities - from market analysis, bidding process, supplier selection and contracting in alignment with Takeda’s policies in a cross functional team
- Ensure cost effectivity and attainment of savings targets by leading supplier contract negotiations on behalf of Takeda in accordance with the legal policies and procedures
- Sourcing scope (based on know-how): Direct materials (e.g. chemicals, single use technology, etc.), services (e.g. validation, engineering, calibration, etc.) and capital expenditures (e.g. chromatography columns, bioreactors, high through put analyze systems, etc.)
- Develop key supplier strategies and programs, foster supplier partnerships and focus on supplier development
- Monitor supplier performance in order to achieve supplier performance goals
- Determine standard costs, provide price forecasts for local materials and perform purchase price variation analysis to minimize standard cost deviations
- Act as intermediate between legal and operating departments to establish contractual relationships (create draft versions of contractual documents for legal review)
- Ensure high through put of new clinical AND commercial product implementations from a sourcing perspective
- Manage supply and service issues in collaboration with stakeholders in Supply Chain, Quality and Manufacturing which may impact operations
- Apply cost avoidance and reduction initiatives to ensure the site is operating economically
- Identify risk mitigation plans and monitor major price/availability fluctuations that will impact the site’s cost and/or ability to conduct business
- Support Product Development sourcing activities by ensuring external innovation, cost effectivity and supply continuity on the long term and ensure a fast and smooth handover to manufacturing
- Support in housing and outsourcing activities
- Collaboration with global procurement team including sharing and implementing best practices across various sites
- Build and manage relationships with external vendors to communicate voice of customer requests, coordinate transactional correspondence and project deliverables
What you need:
- Education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher in biotechnology, natural sciences and/ or business economics
- Minimum 3 - 5 years procurement experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical-/ chemical- or similar industry
- Excellent presentation-, written- and verbal communication (especially for negotiations) skills in English and German
- Strong financial acumen
What you ideally can provide:
- A proven ability to lead cross functional teams and deliver on tight timelines
- Excellent influencing/collaboration skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in creation of contractual documents
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. JDE)
- Knowledge of GMP manufacturing
- Supplementary education in procurement practices and techniques (OPWZ, ISM, CIPS, etc.)
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten in Vienna) and numerous benefits (free shuttlebus Vienna-Orth-Vienna, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application!
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.270,89 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.