We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the group of Sebastian Carotta within the department of Cancer Research at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV.
Embedded in a multidisciplinary environment you will investigate the consequence of different forms of cell death in cancer and immune cells. Especially, you will focus on the effect of immunogenic forms of cancer cell deaths and identify key mechanisms responsible for the immunogenicity of dying cells.
Consequently, the cross talk between dying cancer cells and the immune system within the tumor microenvironment will be investigated using several state-of-the-art techniques established in the laboratory and department. While pursuing a basic research project in the lab, you will also be exposed to several aspect of translational science during your Post Doc.
The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc Programme and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in cancer research and immunology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for a research project, working closely with a team of motivated lab scientists and an experienced mentor with academic and industry background
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with members from various scientific backgrounds
- Perform genetic and compound screens and mechanistically dissect the function of identified target
- Plan, conduct and present work across sites and with academic experts in the fields of screening, immune activation and cell death
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
- PhD with strong background in Cancer/Cell death Biology, Molecular Biology and Immunology
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
- Creative thinking and lateral mindset, organized and self-motivated to innovate
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills
- A strong drive to push the borders of our understanding of cancer cell-immune interaction and to investigate the fundamental questions underlying these interactions
About Boehringer Ingelheim’s Postdoc Programme
At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to compete for a transition grant to facilitate starting up your next lab
- The initial appointment is for 2 years fixed term contract with potential for a 1-2 year extension
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
- Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI’s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
- You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 45,792.46 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Gerlinde Leiss.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.