We are seeking a scientifically excellent and creative group leader (director level) to join our Cancer Immunology team in Vienna, reporting to the head of Cancer Immunology. The focus of the position will be to drive and shape our preclinical drug discovery programs by utilizing a deep knowledge of cancer immunology and an established scientific network to lead a talented team developing human-based pharmacology models to demonstrate immunological mode-of-action.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a group consisting of 4 laboratories (ca. 13 scientists, 4-5 Ph.D. level)
- Coordinate and prioritize the interrogation of immunological mode-of-action and link to disease for drug discovery programs through the establishment of unique in vitro and ex vivo human-based pharmacology models which recapitulate the tumor micro-environment
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across a global discovery research organization to drive preclinical Cancer Immunology programs, and as a member of a Research steering committee actively contribute to the Cancer Immunology portfolio development
- Establish and effectively coordinate collaborations with leading external academic institutions, CROs, and biotech partners, with a strong focus on human-based immunological pharmacology models
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in life sciences with postdoctoral training followed by at least 10 years research experience in the field of human immunology or cancer drug discovery. Experience in the field of cancer immunology will be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in the leadership of scientific teams in an academic or biotech/pharmaceutical company setting
- Excellent team working, communication, and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific findings through an excellent record of publications and conference presentations
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.