At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
To further secure our rapid growth we are looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
Bioinformatics Data Scientist (m/f/d)
An exciting new opportunity for a researcher within Computational Biology has recently become available. Working as part of a world leading animal nutrition company based in Austria you will join a growing team, utilising your strong technical experience to support farm animal nutrition and health.
The BIOMIN Digital Lab Research Team is developing computational next-generation sequencing, (NGS)-based approaches, and is implementing innovative NGS strategies (metagenomics, transcriptomics and whole multiomics approaches) to explore the relationship between the gut microbiome, the animals host gene expression and animal performance. You will work closely with scientific experts in microbial ecology and animal nutrition, and will be involved in developing robust data pipelines and machine learning models to deliver new insights from experimental data.
To leave real 'foodprints' with us you need the following skills:
- A proven background in data science, computational biology or bioinformatics (MSc, PhD), or similar qualifications
- Demonstrated expertise in working with next-generation sequencing (NGS) data (omics) and/or third generation sequencing (nanopore sequencing)
- Proven proficiency in programming (in, e.g. Python, Bash, R)
- Experience in development of machine learning models using biological sequence data
- Proficiency in Linux (proficiency in MS Azure being an advantage)
- Solid background in statistics and experimental design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
What do we stand for? We are Pioneers, Partners and Performers!
Your working place: world class laboratories
with state-of-the-art equipment
. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain. BIOMIN is constantly growing
- since more than 35 years. This creates a lot of space for good ideas
and opportunities for personal development and individual careers. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
What else do you need to know?
- Reference Number: 692
- You will be based in Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 40 000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:
Ms Melanie ZORN
, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net
For more details about our benefits click here