Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, optimize and supervise the synthesis novel natural product like lead candidates
- Demonstrate scientific leadership by efficient coordination of 3 or more coworkers at an external research organization
- Closely interact with experts in medicinal chemistry, cancer genetics, pharmacology, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, structural research, patents, medicine and marketing - locally and in a global manner
- Effectively collaborate with other research teams and disciplines across the global Discovery Research Organization (industry and academia)
- Regularly report to Senior Management in written and oral manner
- PhD, in organic chemistry with specialization in synthetic organic chemistry
- Post-doctoral training in academia/or industrial research experience - in the field of synthetic organic chemistry, methodology/catalysis, chemical biology or medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrated leadership in multi-disciplinary teams with the will to challenge the status quo and a focused sense for the essential
- Proven scientific track record
- Experience in the field of targeted protein degradation beneficial but not required
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.