In this challenging position you are responsible for leading the Vienna Purification Unit, a key asset to the Vienna site and its strategy to flexibly and efficiently support First Liter Plasma Products, and assuring that it meets all current and future requirements. Besides operational leadership with the unit leadership team, you are in charge of the strategic leadership developing and deploying plans to become flexible, innovate and standardize processes as well as recapitalize the operation while keeping conversion cost low to succeed with first liter products in a price competitive tender market. As part of the Site Leadership Team of the Vienna Site, you can directly contribute to the overall Site success and Strategy.
Your Opportunity in Detail:
- Leading the Purification manufacturing unit including coordination with its supporting departments to fulfill production plan in sufficient quantity and quality under strict observance of all EHS/GMP requirements
- Leading daily performance monitoring (TIER meeting structure) and escalation to Site level (TIER 3) as applicable
- Balance capacities/capabilities against volume requirements
- Manage and monitor expenses (OPEX) for routine business and capital expenditures (CAPEX) within the unit
- Adjust capabilities especially staffing and shift models according to needs considering cost efficiency aspects
- Assure inspection readiness against all relevant guidelines and requirements (GMP, EHS,…)
- Drive continuous improvement towards operational excellence, cGMP, EHS, compliance and efficiency increase
- Participate in cross-functional and international projects to optimize capacity availability, utilisation and yield
- Drive, guide and monitor progress of investment projects
- Assist implementation of new products/processes within the manufacturing unit
- Partner with other functions to optimize results and product value streams
- Create and maintain a culture focused on safety, quality and compliance as first priority
- Communicate strategic objectives and goals as well as daily business-related information
- Drive organizational and individual people development within the unit
- Drive the entrepreneurial spirit within the leadership team and employees of the unit
- Set and monitor progress against goals and performance management objectives in alignment with the site goals
- Staff and select direct report positions, but also other key positions in the unit
- Responsible for the observance of the employment protection law, particularly: ArbeitnehmerInnenschutzgesetz (ASchG), Arbeitszeitgesetz (AZG) und Arbeitsruhegesetz (ARG)
- Develop and execute a plan for the facility to keep up with current and future requirements
- Drive short and long term investment plans to properly manage the assets in the unit
- Align capacity scenarios and operating plans with future needs for capacity expansion/reduction
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Completed technical and/or economical education
- Experience in process manufacturing industry
- Leadership experience required
- Entrepreneurship and organizational talent
- High safety awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving competencies
- GMP and Regulatory knowledge
- Excellent English and German skills
- Agile mindset driving continuous improvement
- Flexible personality enjoying the work in a dynamic manufacturing environment with people from various backgrounds
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.439,01 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.