As part of Scientific Informatics, the Biology and Chemistry Capabilities and Products team has a mission to develop strategy and design & implement systems, tools and products using the latest technologies to accelerate Takeda's drug discovery and pharmaceutical sciences development and achieve a higher quality of life for patients.
Your (new) Opportunity:
In this role, working closely with the Scientific Lab Computing group and manufacturing teams, you will be responsible for the full product lifecycle and platform roadmaps and act as technology lead for IT technology efforts especially within our GMP facilities and labs.
- You will apply experience in life sciences, manufacturing technologies and GxP compliant systems to understand the needs of pharmaceutical science teams and deliver and optimize systems such as those used to create batch records, manage data and optimize operations and unique requirements of these novel domains
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with others in Scientific Informatics and will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Scientists, QA, and engineers to deliver and maintain quality technology products and platforms supporting our GMP work in novel therapies
- You will manage implementation and optimization of health authority compliant (cGMP and other GxP) informatics software solutions used in support of existing and novel modalities including gene and cell therapies. Gene Therapies research is conducted in Austria and Boston with some additional GMP manufacturing conducted in Japan. Novel therapies clincal trial material manufacturing is performed at a gene therapies facility in Orth, Austria and at a new facility in Cambridge, MA where cutting-edge Cell Therapy research is performed.
- You will provide technical leadership to design, development and deployments within the product focused R&D organization and R&D manufacturing facilities and contribute to complex product-oriented roadmaps.
- You will identify business problems, design and deploy technical (product) solutions to or within the IT context of the product organization, focusing on health authority compliant (cGMP and other GxP) informatics software solutions.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Scientific, Informatics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience working in R&D with the design and development of pharmaceutical life sciences software or solutions
- Familiarity with regulated systems - high level understanding of computer systems validation
- Experience delivering architectural documentation and implementation against SAAS, IAAS or Development projects
- Understanding of IAAS Environments, scripted deployment scripts, Web Services, JSON formats, SQL and Relational Databases Experience in GMP manufacturing for cell therapies and deploying lab informatics solutions and/or clinical supply solutions
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.439,- gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.