We are looking for a Scientific Director position in our Competitive Research and Discovery Intelligence (CRDI) Group within Oncology to start as soon as possible. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, dynamic and well organized individual with a pursuit of accuracy and completeness who will be viewed as an independent expert and who will liaise with internal customers in research, development, medicine, marketing and licensing to provide critical competitive input to the therapeutic strategy on both project and portfolio level.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Coach and coordinate a group of two CRDI managers for the therapeutic area Oncology
- Provide and present comprehensive Competitive Intelligence within the field of both cancer-cell directed and immune-oncology therapies on a portfolio level and support strategic projects
- Collect, filter and analyze information from publicly available sources supplemented by knowledge gained through personal interactions and present independent judgement to early and late-stage project teams as well as management
- Establish external CRDI support and drive automation opportunities
- Contribute to and follow the global governance of Competitive Intelligence under review of the Corporate Head of Research and the Discovery Research Leadership Committee
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in life sciences with postdoctoral training and at least 7 years background in oncology research or development
- Drug discovery project management and Competitive Intelligence experience is highly desirable
- Ability to independently analyze and judge information based on broad oncology knowledge, critical thinking and strategic considerations
- Ability to effectively network internally and externally
- Excellent team working and communication skills (English as working language) as well as experience in working with databases and IT tools
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.