We are seeking a highly motivated Lab Scientist to join our Cancer Research team in Vienna.
This position will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team focused on developing innovative drugs for cancer patients. It offers a unique possibility to directly contribute at the forefront of drug discovery and to have an immediate impact on the development of novel cancer therapies.
Collaborative, well-connected teams are key to our success so we are looking for candidates who are strong team players.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Support the development of novel cancer drugs and novel therapeutic approaches with in vitro expertise
- Design, develop and implement cell based assays to analyse the effects of novel cancer drugs
- Independent planning, implementation, coordination of experiments including data analysis and documentation
- Support preparation of reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations
- Strong expertise in molecular biology techniques, biochemical assays and signal transduction with hands on in vitro cell culture experience
- Particular laboratory experience in cell biology, microscopy, FACS analysis, molecular biology and/or in vivo pharmacology are assets
- Experience with planning, coordination, implementation, analysis and documenting of in vitro experiments
- Eagerness to familiarize with new techniques and devices to find the best solutions for a problem
- Team-work and good communication skills as well as self-organized and independent working style and creative thinking
- Good written and spoken English and good German skills
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 37,016.14 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.