We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our Biotherapeutic Discovery team in Vienna as soon as possible. The position will be key to building and accelerating novel biologics drug discovery platforms that can grow our preclinical oncology project portfolio. Collaborative, well-connected teams are key to our success so we are looking for candidates who are strong team players.
This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Using your significant biologics discovery experience, you design and develop novel technology platforms to deliver the next generation of cancer medicines to patients
- Lead cross functional project teams, working in close partnership with global partners to crack some of the key remaining biologics challenges in oncology drug discovery
- Supervise laboratory scientists and contribute with own experimental expertise
- A PhD in molecular/cellular biology or biochemistry with experience in biologics discovery/design as well as antibody/protein production and characterisation
- Established drug discovery project leader with experience of novel biologics formats and platforms highly desirable
- Post Doc experience is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience within the oncology disease area is a plus
- Excellent team player, with good communication skills and supervisory/leadership experience
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.