Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist - Pharmaceutical CMC Digitalization in Vienna, Austria.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a scientist in process development you are involved in model-based approach of design and evaluation of experiments in upstream/downstream with focus on modeling and simulation of unit operations. You are working in a team of experts towards establishing digital and automated integrated process for complex biologics using scientifically sound approaches and methodologies.
We are very much looking forward meeting a candidate who can bring its expertise in the field of mechanistic and statistical modelling in Austria.
Your new opportunity:
- Working in highly motivated and innovative process development team
- Work closely together with experts having long experience in early to late stage process development for complex biologics
- Learn, develop, plan and optimize upstream and downstream unit operations using QbD approach and state-of-the-art equipment
- Work closely together with analytical experts in development and application of PAT technology
- Write experimental plans and reports
- Present accomplishments within the team, across other functions, internally and externally - cooperation partners, conferences etc.
- Implement mechanistic and statistical modeling and simulation
- Select technology and implement on unit operations like: bioreactor, chromatography and filtration
- Support development and implementation of digital twins
- Define modelling and simulation work packages as standard for future development projects
- Evaluate technology/software with internal and external partners
- Generate innovative upstream/downstream process solutions focused on automation, digitalization and advanced control strategies
- Establish predictive closed-loop control of critical attributes on relevant quantities for batch and continuous processing
- Improve productivity by means of operational excellence
- Increase capabilities and capacity by collaborations with external partners
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree (PhD preferably) in engineering discipline - chemical/biochemical or equivalent
- Several years of relevant working experience in academia and/or industry preferably in recombinant biomolecule process development
- Experience in mechanistic modelling and statistics
- Basic programming skills (Matlab, Python)
- Background in DoE, continuous processing, automation and digitalization of bioprocesses
- Fluent in English
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4 751,92 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - Industriestrasse 131